EMU Electronic AG was established in 1989 as a spin-off of Landis & Gyr. The founders Eberli und Muntwyler developed the world’s first digital energy and power meters.
The Australian ratite bird emu has a specific feature. On account of the special anatomy of its legs it can never go backwards. EMU Electronic AG can’t do that either. Instead we take giant steps, like an emu, towards a new era where energy efficiency is the key to the survival of our culture.
A 2’000 Watt society is no utopia for us. The first step in any power optimisation is measurement. Over 23 years ago we developed the world’s first digital energy meter.
Today our products enable you to see the energy consumption of your company, house or holiday home in Spain from everywhere and reveal where you could save energy and money.
Incidentally: Just like the emu, which cannot fly away from its habitat,we too are anchored in our homeland. That is why we develop and manufacture our energy and power meters, data loggers and software in Switzerland.
- Our motivated teams are efficiently organised, which makes us fast and flexible.
- EMU Professional and EMU Allrounder are Swiss made.
- Thanks to high quality components you stand to benefit from the long service life of our high-quality energy meters.
- We have a large storage of parts and products and guarantee a very short delivery time.
- Systems solutions from meters to visualization and billing.
- Skilled system integrators
New CEO and owner: Hans Koller
Sales manager: Severin Koller
ISO 9001 Certification
EMU1 – The world's first digital electricity meter
Company founded by Eberli & Muntwyler,
ex Landis & Gyr