EMU Professional II
EMU Professional II
3-phase energy meter with MID B + D and PTB-A 50.7 approval
for energy management according to ISO 50001
Made in Switzerland
Configuration of the EMU Professional II is done via touch-sensitive buttons.
- Current transformer ratio (5/5A to 20'000/5A resp. 1/1A to 4'000/1A)
- M-Bus, Modbus or IP-addressing
- Pulse rate- and time
All configuration changes relevant to calibration-law are stored in the logbook of the EMU Professional II LP according to regulation PTB-A 50.7.
- Load profile storage according to calibration-law and certificate PTB-A 50.7
- 15 minute-interval load profile storage with a storage depth of over 3 years
- Transformer ratio, pulse rate and width and addresses are repeatedly adjustable via touch-sensitive buttons
- Two-rate tariff (HT/NT)
- Manyfold read-out interfaces: M-Bus, Modbus RTU RS485, TCP, Webserver, Direct-http
The following optional interfaces are available for the EMU Professional II.
- Modbus RTU RS485
- TCP/IP (Webserver, Modbus TCP, Direct-http)
The EMU Professional II possesses a configurable S0-Pulse output
- Active Energy
- Active Energy consumption
- Active Energy supply
- Reactive Energy
- Reactive Energy import
- Reactive Energy export
Direct meter: 1'000 pulse/40 ms
Indirect meter (CT): 10 pulse/120 ms
A 38x28mm graphic LC-Display allows for effortless read-out of parameters and settings. The well-arranged and intuitive operation makes the adjustment of settings like Language, CT-ratio or date and time very easy and helps in the day to day work with the energy meter.
All logbook entries relevant to calibration-law as well as the load profiles can be read-out on the display.
MID B+D und PTB-A 50.7
The EMU Professional II can be used for accounting purposes ex-factory due to its MID B + D certificate.
- MID-Module B = Type test
- MID-Module D = Certified processes in production
- PTB-A 50.7 = cerified load profile conforming to legal requirements in differentiation of in-house energy production and third party import.
The additional certification for module D, QM-System for production and final testing allows the use of all EMU Professional II for accounting purposes.
Drittmengenabgrenzung bei eigener Stromerzeugung
Differentiation of in-house energy production and third party import
Starting on January 1st 2022 corporations located in Germany that use in-house generated energy are legally obligated to record their self-produced and self-consumed energy according to paragraph 62b of the Erneuerbare-Energien-Gesetz (EEG). This recording must happen every 15 minutes on a officially calibrated measurement system.
The EMU Professional II LP possesses the following necessary features for the national certificate PTB-A 50.7.
- Internal, easily reviewed logbook for recording the following calibration-law relevant events and changes in configuration:
- Adjustments of date or time
- Adjustments to the current transformer ratio
- A real-time clock with synchronization via a NTP time server. In case of a power outtage a super capacitor sustains this clock for numerous days.
- The load profile is saved every 15 minutes. The stored data can be easily reviewed on the Professional II and possesses a storage depth of over 3 years.
- The load profile can also be reviewed via the following interfaces. TCP/IP Interface with integrated webserver, NTP, Modbus TCP and API.
Supply for Germany: Our branch office in Germany distributes the EMU Professional II in Germany. Quotes & Webshop: www.emu-metering.de
The TCP/IP interface is directly integrated into the meter to avoid manipulation and contamination. This interface lends itself for third-party-differentiation of energy export.
Overview of functions
- Display up-to-date measurements
- Logging of various measurements
- Access protection through password
- Remote read-out via Modbus TCP
- HTTP-GET API
- NTP Time server
- Export of saved data
Integrated load profile storage with a memory depth of over 3 years for 15 minutes intervals.
The following measurements can be logged:
- Active Power Consumption
- Active Power Export
- Active Power per phase L1 / L2 / L3
- Current per phase L1 / L2 / L3
- Voltage per phase L1 / L2 L3
The M-Bus interface according to EN13757-2, -3 (was EN1434-3) is directly integrated into the meter to avoid manipulation and contamination.
- Spring clamp pins
- Connectors: 2x2 M-Bus pins to facilitate easier connection of multiple M-Bus compatible meters
Many measurements can be read-out over the M-Bus interface. Examples are active and reactive energy, current and voltage.
Configuration of the M-Bus can be done manually via the buttons on the device or via our own EMU MB-Connect software. This software allows for specific arrangements of the M-Bus protocols. With these available systems one can adjust the primary and secondary addresses as well as the Baud rate. The strain put on the EMU Professional II by the M-Bus amounts to an average of only 1.5 mA.
The LoRa interface is integrated into the meter.
- Compatible to LoRa 1.0.3
- Synchronization of internal clock via LoRa
- Two-Way transmission
- Individual parametrization via LoRa-Downlink packages
- Signalstrength of 14dBm with optional SMA-Socket
- Frequency band EU 863-870MHz
- Tested with The Things Network and Chirpstack.io
- Packet decoder available for free
Direct meterItem number Description
P20A0000 EMU Professional II 3/100
P20A000M EMU Professional II 3/100 M-Bus
P20A000T EMU Professional II 3/100 TCP/IP
P20A000MOEMU Professional II 3/100 Modbus
P20A000LOEMU Professional II 3/100 LoRa
P20A000LEEMU Professional II 3/100 LoRa internal and external (SMA) antenna
Direct meter with PTB-A 50.7 certification and load profile storageItem number Description
P20A030M EMU Professional II 3/100 M-Bus LP
P20A030T EMU Professional II 3/100 TCP/IP LP
P20A030MOEMU Professional II 3/100 Modbus LP
Indirect kWh-meterItem number Description
P21A0000 EMU Professional II 3/5
P21A000M EMU Professional II 3/5 M-Bus
P21A000T EMU Professional II 3/5 TCP/IP
P21A000MOEMU Professional II 3/5 Modbus
P21A000LOEMU Professional II 3/5 LoRa
P21A000LEEMU Professional II 3/5 LoRa internal and external (SMA) antenna
Indirect kWh-meter with PTB-A 50.7 approval and load profile storageItem number Description
P21A030M EMU Professional II 3/5 M-Bus LP
P21A030T EMU Professional II 3/5 TCP/IP LP
P21A030MOEMU Professional II 3/5 Modbus LP